WE WOULD LIKE TO EXTEND SINCERE GRATITUDE TO THE MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OF THE KINGDOM OF NORWAY, WITHOUT WHOSE SUPPORT THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THIS PROJECT WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE. WE GREATLY APPRECIATE YOUR FIRM BELIEF IN US FROM DAY ONE AND YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT IN ADVANCING ECONOMIC AND DEMOCRATIC DEVELOPMENT OF EASTERN EUROPE
Ukraine Norway Innovation Networking Initiative (UNINI) project was successfully launched end of April 2014, just after the Grant Letter from Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affaires was received.
The main purpose of UNINI project is competence transfer from Norwegian Innovation System to Ukraine and institutional capacity building for the Ukrainian Innovation System aiming to develop and support SMEs and start-ups with innovative business ideas.
Project goal is to contribute to the competitiveness of the economy in Ukraine by promoting and supporting innovation infrastructure and networks, SMEs development and investment opportunities in SMEs and start-ups with innovative business idea.
UNINI is divided into 7 Work Packages (WP):
- Regional innovation partnerships and infrastructure secures local commitments and organisational solutions on local level.
- Entrepreneurship and start up services provides support to entrepreneurship development.
- Commercialisation of technology develops and tests concepts for commercialization of technology from Universities and research institutes and universities in Ukraine.
- International business development applies the business acceleration process that consists of developing market access and facilitating business partnering.
- Access to finance includes establishment of an interplaying mix of instruments to improve access to finance for entrepreneurs in Ukraine.
- Techno park in Kyiv has the main objective to develop a decision platform to finance and implement a Techno Park in Kyiv.
- Project management includes strategic and executive management.
The project has the following main target groups:
- Newly started companies with the need to get connected to professional networks, potential partners, markets, investors.
- Entrepreneurs and SMEs with ambitions of starting or developing commercial technology companies.
- Established SMEs with ambition for the internationalisation of business activities.
- Norwegian Innovation Network players interested in the Ukrainian innovation potential and partnership opportunities.
- Norwegian and international private sector players interested in cooperation opportunities with Ukrainian private sector players.
- Ukrainian State/Municipal Institutions and Chambers responsible for supporting innovation and SMEs on the regional level.
- Ukrainian professionals with the ambition to lead Innovation infrastructure – future iHUBs and Technology Park managers.
How UNINI address the Norwegian priorities and Ukrainian needs:
Project duration is April 2014-2017
Project funded by: